Forged in Fire - Trish McCallan This book has its positive and negative aspects with the positive outweighing the negative by far. I enjoyed the story very much - the author is definitely a gifted writer. Interesting, likeable characters from the three SEALs, their misogynistic commander (whose story I'd be very interested in reading) to some very strong female characters.

Now for the criticism. First, the book did not really have a proper ending. Fair enough, cliffhangers are acceptable, but this is teasing the reader just a bit too much... I can't go into greater detail without writing spoilers, but, suffice to say, a slightly more 'rounded' ending would have been appreciated. Finally, there are the factual problems, one of which I know some other reviewers have also picked up on. You don't shoot machine guns in a plane without said plane going down. That is just one of those annoying things that take away from the enjoyment of a book. Then, one of the 'baddies' gets shot in the forehead and the throat, but he still has time to say a few words. A shot to the forehead shoule be immediately lethal and a shot to the throat will take out the voice box.

That said, I am going to buy the second instalment in the series as I definitely want to know how things continue....