Illegal Magic - Arlene Blakely At first I was worried that the heroine would turn out to be one of those flighty, airheaded TSTL women that annoy me in a lot of romantic comedy books. Thankfully, that was not the case. I loved the concept – a non-magical lawyer in a family of magical people. Great fun. The character of Lani could have been a bit more fleshed out to make her even more interesting. One thing that left me wondering was: do the ‘normal’ people know about the world of magical creatures or don’t they? This was never really answered. The chapter explaining the council was a little dry and might have been ‘spiced up’ a little more. These very, very minor points aside, the book was great. Absolutely enjoyable, lighthearted reading. I loved the ‘stalker’ and how Lani dealt with him. I loved her quirky friends and relatives and their interactions. I sincerely hope that this is not a stand-alone book. If the author decides to continue the story, I will most definitely buy the next book.