Digging for Death (Heather Cameron Mysteries #1) - Caroline Clemmons What makes a good book? When you are caught in the story, don't mind the occasional editorial problem and just want to continue reading to find out what happens next. For me, this book falls into that category. I really, truly enjoyed it. The first copy I downloaded had formatting problems and the author, when I contacted her, fixed things. I then started to read and enjoyed the characters, the storyline and the writing style. The book is written in the first person narrative, something which I normally don't enjoy very much. Here, however, it was fitting. The heroine's character is great - she is a strong woman but not nastily so, she has her flaws, she is snarky at times. I really liked her. Her interaction with the hero was interesting, from very confrontational at the beginning to a gradual liking and then more. I also liked the fact that the author did not go with stereotypes when writing about the hero. Usually you get the detective refusing to believe the heroine when she states that a third person is innocent and tries to prove it. Here, we have an open-minded hero, which makes him more believable. All in all, I found this book to be an incredibly enjoyable read and I will definitely buy the author's next book in the series.